A Brief History:
- In April 2015, in conjunction with the Louisville Rescue Mission, Brad Walker was asked to tour the building located at 332 E Chestnut St in downtown Jeffersonville. Though the building was to eventually be purchased by LRM, the idea of planting a Christ-exalting church in that location was born through casual conversation that day.
- After conversations with friends, mentors, and other like-minded pastors in the area, we determined this was a worthy endeavor and began gathering a core team. Our first unofficial meeting took place under the newly completed Big 4 Bridge with 6 adults on May 19, 2015.
- The Lord quickly brought other like-minded people to be a part of this newly formed core team, including Aaron Bell who would serve as a founding elder – and we launched our first public worship gathering on October 23, 2015 at Maxwell’s House of Music in Jeffersonville.
- On our 1 year anniversary as a church (October 2016), we relocated into our current facility at 332 E Chestnut in downtown Jeffersonville – the building that started the conversation for this new church. The Lord was faithful to bring that desire to fruition. At this time, Brad Walker was able to transition into a full-time capacity as the Lead Pastor.
- In September 2017, our church voted unanimously to adopt and support our first church plant, Refuge Bible Church in Indianapolis, Indiana and its pastor Jason Hampton.
- In November 2017, our church body affirmed and appointed two more elders/pastors – Richard Ulrich and Josh Van der Merwe.
- It was announced in January 2018 that Aaron Bell, one of our founding pastors, will be returning to the Jacksonville, Florida area with the intentions of pastoring/planting a new church in that community.
By the grace of God, this church will continue to be faithful in proclaiming Jesus to the surrounding area for years to come.
Statistics for our area show that there is a large percentage of residents who have not trusted in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus for the forgiveness of sins and reconciliation with God. Below you will find some of the statistics that show the need for the Gospel to be faithfully proclaimed here:
- Within 1 mile of our building (332 E Chestnut St) = 1,000 people
- Within 2 miles of our building = 4,700 people
- Within 3 miles of our building = 17,000 people
- Within Clark County (2015) = 115,371 people
Our prayer is that through the preaching of Christ crucified for the forgiveness of sins and his resurrection by public and private means, the Spirit would allow us to see the fruit of conversation and obedience to Scripture in our community.
Our first meeting took place here with 6 adults (May 19, 2015)
Our current location and the building that started the conversation
Our Sunday morning worship gatherings were hosted by Maxwell’s House of Music in Jeffersonville for our 1st year
A look inside our current location at 332 E Chestnut St in downtown Jeffersonville